I am a certified Infant Massage Instructor (IAIM) and am passionate about guiding parents and caregivers in getting to know their baby better through the wonderful world of nurturing touch.
Massaging your baby has many health benefits. It is also fun and provides your baby with a sense of security and physical comfort. Generations of parents all over the world have used massage to promote their babies growth and development. Parents find that massaging their baby increases their joy in parenting.
Date: Thursdays February 7 - March 14, 2019
OR Tuesdays April 2 - April 30, 2019
Time: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
Place: Nurtured (2543 Agricola St, Halifax)
Cost: $85 for the 5 week session
To sign up please go to:
http://www.nurtured.ca/Infant-Massage--5-week-session-_p_1746.html or call (902) 405-4367
Learn how to soothe and relax your baby, relieve tummy upsets and colic and develop a deeper bond with your baby. Learn how to help your baby enjoy Tummy Time. Come with your questions about parenting - we always have time to share ideas.
Parents and caregivers with babies age 4 weeks to pre-crawling welcome.
Group class sizes are limited to 8 participants.
Benefits of Infant Massage
- Improved infant parent attachment or bonding
- Relaxation for parent and baby
- Promotes better sleep
- Helps digestion and elimination
- Helps with organizing and strengthening baby's suck
- Facilitates body awareness
- Boosts immune system
- Sensory stimulation
- Improves skin condition
- Improves blood circulation
- Relief for teething pains
- Helps you learn about your baby (their needs and desires)
- Relaxes parents
- Stimulates production of Oxytocin (Oxytocin is a hormone which our bodies produce during massage. It is useful as a pain reliever and has a calming effect)
- Research shows that Infant Massage is beneficial for women suffering from Postpartum Depression
Classes are informal, relaxed, and small enough to ensure you get the personal attention you need.
Group or private classes are available.
- Classes in the comfort of your own home - gather one or a few friends and have a weekly massage class as you socialize and bond with your babies and your friends. Massage oil and handouts are provided.
- Please contact Kylie for more information and pricing and to find out how these sessions can be tailored to your needs.
Infant massage is simple, easy to learn and effective!