My name is Kylie Field and I am an International Board Certifield Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and a certified Postpartum Doula (DONA - Doulas of North America). I am also a certified Infant Massage Instructor (IAIM - International Association of Infant Massage) and teach group classes at Nurtured Products for Parenting Store. I serve families in the greater Halifax area, Nova Scotia. I trained as a Registered Nurse in South Africa, in a comprehensive program that included General Nursing, Midwifery, Psychiatry and Public Health. I have not worked as a nurse since coming to Canada in 1995, as I have been fortunate to stay at home to raise our 2 daughters, who are now teenagers. I have always enjoyed postnatal education, and since 2009, I have been privileged to be able to support new Moms feel confident in their mothering role.
I am experienced and well educated in breastfeeding and infant care. I provide caring, individualized support and nurture the whole family as they integrate the newborn into their lives. As a Lactation Consultant, I work together with the Mom to come up with a workable plan to help her and her baby have a positive and successful breastfeeding experience. I have knowledge of postpartum maternal physical and emotional needs, and all aspects of newborn care. I do not give medical advice, but am able to make and suggest appropriate referrals within the community.
I am a member of:
- Canadian Lactation Consultant Association (CLCA) http://clca-accl.ca/about-us/
- Nova Scotia Doula Association (NSDA) http://www.nsdoulas.ca/
- Breastfeeding Community of Practice (NS) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Breastfeeding-Community-of-Practice-NS/269289469773601
- Doulas of North America (DONA) http://www.dona.org/
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association of Canada (CAPPA) http://www.cappacanada.ca/
- International Association of Infant Massage Canada (IAIM) http://www.iaim-aimbcanada.org/